Sunday, September 19, 2010

Misty Benson







I happened to run into this artist at the Hyde Park Street Fair, and instantly fell in love. I love this kind of art. The morbidness of it is great. If you have not figured it out by now, I am a little morbid myself and I like the dark and creepy art the best. What I love about these three particular pictures, is that each one is something I am interested in.
The fairy one is my favorite. Ever since I was a little girl, I have been obsessed with fairies. I have everything you can think of that has to do with fairies. Figurines, books, fountains, pictures and even comic books. This particular fairy I love because she actually calls it her Halloween fairy. Halloween is my favorite holiday. Again with my morbidness.
The second picture is Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz. I chose this one because she mad Dorothy look dark and creepy, but also made her and Toto look cute. I happen to think that movie is creepy, I hate the flying monkeys.
The skeletons are just freaking adorable. I love how she took something that is dead and made it have feeling and personality. Its just so cute.

1 comment:

  1. you should check out Mark Ryden if you like Misty Benson. One of my faves!
    --Laura

    ReplyDelete