Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tom Friedman







This man is so freaking amazing. I want to get inside his head and see how he comes up with the art that he does. The chair made out of cereal is great, it looks like its is deteriorating right in front of our eyes, like in movies or video games when something just disappears into ash. I love that he did not make the chair whole. 
The zombie...ohhh the zombie. I love zombies, and I can not believe he made this zombie out of just construction paper! I would never be able to do that. Tom Friedman is so damn talented it is ridiculous. The zombie is my favorite piece so far. I love that it has something nasty trailing behind him and that he about to run into the wall. It looks kinda real, like we captured the zombie right in time before it splattered against the wall.
Now last but not least...the cube, made out of construction paper of course, is amazing, it looks like you could walk right up to it and touch it and it would not be just air. He is now one of my favorite artists out there right now.

1 comment:

  1. hey britney, this is good. your artist entries are fine as far as length and images. I would encourage you to look up mark ryden, barry mcgee and camille rose garcia I think you might like all of them. okay well, just remember that the twenty artist entries are counted separately from the two entries/week. though all of you entries can be on artists if you want.

    ReplyDelete