Sunday, September 12, 2010

Tim Burton







I have loved Tim Burton since I was a kid. (The Nightmare Before Christmas). Ever since that movie came out, my mom and I have pretty much been obsessed with anything to do with it. She even got a tattoo on her back of Jack and Sally. :)  It was not until recently, that I figured out he actually had art and art books.

I was walking around in San Fransisco a few months ago and stumbled upon a little hole in the wall book shop. I love little books stores, so of course I would go in. Walking around, I saw books I never heard of
Then when I walked to wall with art books on it, there it was, " The Art of Tim Burton."  I was so excited. But I could not get it because I had only brought 30 bucks with me on this trip out and I needed it for food. I was not able to find that book store again and have not seen that book anywhere else.

What I love most about Tim Burton, is that he is just so dark. Its great. He has the imagination I could only dream of having. I want to knit pick his mind and see what inspires him. His art is just so weird, so out there. 
I do not even know what to say. He is just one of my favorite artists out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment